Welcome to the Parent Road Ministries Press Room! If you do not see what you need, please let us know so we can get it to you.
Drum roll, please… Introducing the new Advent/Christmas Family Devotional and Church Reading Guide: Waiting for Christmas. Learn more here.
UNIQUE is a Family Discipleship Weekend designed for churches, homeschool co-ops, and other groups. Learn more here.
Stay up to date on what’s happening at Parent Road Ministries by joining our E-Team.
We also post news through our blog and on social media. Follow us on your favorite:
- E-Team weekly emails
- Twitter (@ParentRdMin)
- Facebook (/ParentRoadMinistries)
- LinkedIn (Nancy Ruth)
- Google+ (+ParentRoadMin)
Send us a direct email at email@example.com.
Official Press Releases
- Apr. 14, 2015: Helping families grow in faith despite hustle of modern world “New guide for busy families offers answers to children’s many biblical questions.”
- The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families, published by WestBow Press (a division of Zondervan and Thomas Nelson), was featured at the International Christian Retail Show 2015 in Orlando, FL.
- The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families was also featured in the BookStub Gallery on the 2015 Women of Faith Loved Tour.
- The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families, published by WestBow Press (a division of Zondervan and Thomas Nelson), was featured at the 2016 Heart of the Child Conference in Broken Arrow, OK.
- “My Story as a Woman in Ministry,” Nov. 17, 2017, Dr. Joy Turner’s Women’s Ministry class, Oklahoma Baptist University
- “Teaching to All Learning Styles,” Children’s Ministry Leadership Training breakout, Aug. 6, 2017, home church
- “How to Use Your Time Well,” Children’s Ministry Leadership Training breakout, Feb. 25, 2017, home church
- “Lion-Sized Faith,” Feb. 12, 2017, First Baptist Church, Shawnee, OK
- “Is Jesus a Real Historical Person?” Happy Birthday Jesus breakout, Dec. 18, 2016, home church
- “Lamb of God,” a seven-week class, Fall, 2016, home church
- “The Answer Book,” a seven-week class, Spring 2016, home church
- “Worldview Party,” January, 2016, home church
Children and Religion
This live interview with Dr. Stacy Haynes aired on the Little Hands Family Services “Parenting Tips 2 Go” radio show. Aug. 11, 2015. Click here for the podcast of this interview.
- The first discussion highlights the importance of parents starting young to teach their children about Christ and bringing them to church.
- The interview with Nancy Ruth discusses preparing kids to live for Christ in today’s world.
- Finally, Art Rainer describes how he disciples his own children.
Guest Blog Posts
6 Steps to a Family Devotional
Scripture says parents need to disciple their children and teach them the things of God (Deuteronomy 6:5-7; Psalm 119:6-16). The reality is that sometimes we are just short on time. How do we squeeze a family Bible study into our already hectic days?
Here are some steps you can follow. Think of it as a goal. If you don’t hit every step each day, that’s fine. Just be sure to pray and read the Bible. Try to hit the others as often as you can.
Read more of “6 Steps to a Family Devotional” here on Cornerstone Confessions.
5 Tips for a Mixed-Age Bible Study
Do you have a wide range of ages among the children in your home or Sunday school class? How do you teach the Bible to such a diverse group? Here are five tips I’ve found helpful. Be sure to add any I missed in the comments below.
God promises that if we teach His Word, it will do the work for which it was intended.
“so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
Isaiah 55:11 (NIV)
What a relief! It doesn’t take fancy tricks to teach the Bible the “right” way. Simply teach the Bible. Still, it is more enjoyable for you and your children if you teach the way your kids learn. Remember to teach, t-e-a-c-h. Read more here on Mr. Mark’s Classroom.
Invite Nancy Ruth to Guest Blog on Your Site
If you would like to invite Nancy Ruth to write a guest blog for you, be sure to include your website when you contact us.